By The Chronicle
W.F. West swept the singles matches to beat Tumwater on Monday, wrapping up the league portion of the Bearcats’ Evergreen 2A Conference boys tennis schedule with a 4-2 win.
Javier Valero, Luke Walters and Cade Cameron won, in order, in the singles matches. Walters, in the No. 2 slot, beat Payton Peterson, 7-6, 6-1, and his victory clinched the match for W.F. West.
Caleb Walters and Cole Nishiyama won a tight 6-2, 2-6, 6-4 victory in the No. 2 doubles match.
“It was a very competitive third set,” Bearcat coach Jack State said. “It was tied at 4-4, and they went up 5-4, and then pulled off that last game. They did a good job.”
W.F. West (6-7, 4-4 league) enters the EvCo sub-district tournament on Thursday and Friday at the Tumwater Valley Athletic Club.
W.F. WEST 4, TUMWATER 2
1. Javier Valero (W) def. Noah Tompkins, 6-0, 6-0
2. Luke Walters (W) def. Payton Peterson, 7-6, 6-1
3. Kade Cameron (W) def. Alex Abbott, 6-0, 6-1
1. Carl Myers/Jorge Diez-Otero (T) def. Luke Schwarz/Andrew Pak, 6-4, 6-0
2. Caleb Walters/Cole Nishiyama (W) def. Ethan Dillon/Jack Koelsch, 6-2, 2-6, 6-4
3. Keegan Stussy/Jake Johnson (T) def. Colin Slattery/Justin Schweisow, 6-4, 6-1